DR. RON BAMBER MEMORIAL ALUMNI DAY LECTURES
Date: Friday and Saturday 17th and 18th August , 2018
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm each day
Venue: Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour, 100 Murray St. Pyrmont, NSW 2009.
Topic: Controversies and Challenges in Implant Dentistry – a clinical perspective
(Speakers fees sponsored by ASID for members. Members pay catering costs only)
Dr. Lloyd Searson MS (Univ. of Michigan), FDS.RCS(Eng)
Consultant and Specialist in Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Lloyd Searson graduated in 1980 from the Welsh National School of Medicine, Cardiff.
Following graduation, he continued to work at the school in the departments of Oral Surgery and Conservative Dentistry before accepting a post in the department of Conservative Dentistry at the Eastman Dental Institute. In 1983 he enrolled into the Master of Science in Restorative Dentistry program at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, USA. After completing his MS in 1985, Lloyd returned to work at The Eastman Dental hospital and Institute where he has been a Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Prosthodontics department for over twenty years. In addition to his time spent at the practice, Lloyd lectures nationally and internationally in all aspects of Prosthodontics and Implant dentistry and has co-authored two books on the subject. He continues to treat cases and teach within the hospital setting as a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at Kings College Dental Hospital. He has been President of the American Dental Societies of London and Europe and is a member of both the International College and American College of Dentistry, and continues to be an examiner for a number of the Royal Colleges for the FDS, MRD, ISFE, Diploma in Implantology.
This two day course will draw on the speaker’s 30 years of clinical experience using evidence from the dental literature and knowledge from training hundreds of dentists in the surgical and the prosthetic side of implant dentistry.
Subjects for discussion:
- Treatment planning.
- When, Where how many.
- When to Extract and when to Save teeth.
- Medical complications/contributing factors in Implant Dentistry; Bisphosphonates, diabetes, smoking and periodontal disease
- Who should place implants?
- Timing of Implant placement; Immediate v delayed placement.
- Implant Design and the Implant abutment connection.
- Aesthetic issues.
- Socket preservation, Partial tooth preservation.
- Cement or screw retained final Prosthesis.
- Occlusion for implants.
- Material selection for the final Prosthesis.
- Maintenance – why, how, for how long?
- Peri-implantitits – treatments and causes.
And many more topics..............
Cost: Gold and Silver Members - $550(incl. $50 GST);
Non-members are warmly welcomed - $1100 (incl. $100 GST).
- Note that ASID membership is$231(Silver) or $429(Gold) and includes ICOI membership and discounts on Courses etc. (details on the web site).
(Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided)